That Freedom....

Something that I've learned from my travels. You find freedom in life when you realize that people aren't always going to accept you. That people will judge you without fully knowing who you are. And even if they do know you...there will always be those misconceptions that you can never quite shake. Don't let this alarm you, for that is the nature of human beings. You have to rise above the bonds that others try and place upon you...to free yourself from the shackles of living up to others expectations of you...Once you realize it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks...as long as you know who you are....that is the big win in the end...Knowing who you are??? I've walked so many years seeing myself through others eyes, trying to fit into others misconceptions, perceptions, and notions of who I AM. It's a lost cause. I have to stop judging myself, doubting myself based on what others say to me or think of me. Who cares what they think...I don't have to convince them...I only have to convince myself.....

Comments

Popular Posts