Puppy Chow....

Christmas is fast approaching...It just seems to come quicker and quicker every year. Why is that? I've got alot of my Christmas shopping done. Hooray! But there is still alot left to do. I haven't started my "Great Undertaking"..Which includes somewhere around 30 tins, and this year I'm doing Puppy Chow...smile, and Bread in mason jars...LOL. I figure it will take me about 2 solid days. The trick is finding the right window where I have the time to do all this baking and it's close enough to Christmas to have it all fresh...and coincide with me seeing all these people and every ones schedule....whoaahhh not an easy task.. But I try! Below is a recipe for Puppy Chow... I thought I'd try to make this sweet and salty treat this year...God Bless

White Chocolate Chex Mix – aka "Puppy Chow"

Ingredients
  • 1 12oz box of Rice Chex
  • 2 cups pretzels (we used holiday shapes)
  • 2 cups peanuts
  • 2 cups Mand M's
  • 1 to 2 lbs. white chocolate (or almond/candy bark)
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
  2. Melt the white chocolate. I always just use the microwave, but you can get a smoother melt by going with the fancier double boiler method!
  3. Pour melted chocolate over the dry ingredients and combine. You want everything to be coated–how well coated is totally up to your discretion. I’m not a fan of being too sweet, so I tend to use a little less. If it’s not coated to your liking, then just melt some more and add it in.
  4. Pour mixture on to a large cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Allow to dry completely.
Then, place it in baggies or tins for storage…or package it up for gifts! Super easy to make and SUPER yummy!
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts